Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Way of Improvement Leads to Bedtime



We have tried to started the tradition of bedtime stories with Karis. Before she goes to sleep we read a story. We just started what is soon to be her favorite book: "The Way of Improvement Leads Home". She especially likes the part where Philip Vickers Fithian attends Princeton University. Karis highly recommends this book!

If you are interested in it, the link above will take you to the page on Amazon where you can purchase it. Strangely, it is not listed in the children's literature section. We're thinking we might make some WWPVFD bracelets.

I considered titling this post as "The Way of Improvement Leads to Sleep", but I thought that might be misinterpreted by the author. :) (the author is Karis's uncle)

So get a copy of the book. Read it. Read it to your kids. And Stephen Colbert, I know you are reading this, have the author on your show as a guest. This is perfect material for you!

3 comments:

Tootie Kuhn said...

Hey there little Karis Ann! You look like you are in a pretty nice situation with that big pink dog and all those fantastic outfits plus tons of adults cuddling you! Your Great Granma and I have just been looking through your photo album and can't wait to see you in person!

Jamie said...

Funny-- I was at Maureen (Miner) Elias' house last week, glancing at Ryan's Messiah Alum magazine and I recognized John's name on an article.

John Fea said...

Drew--I officially put you in charge of the WWPVFD bracelets. I think they will be a hot seller. I am currently in negotiation on the movie rights for the book and since so many little kids like Karis love Philip's story we are pushing for a Pixar-Disney animation feature.

I might also add that this book will make a great Father's Day or Graduation gift for the history buff in your family. Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join the Philip Vickers Fan Club where you can learn about the PVF book tour and other special offers!

Thanks for the plug! In light of the wide readership of this blog I am expecting my Amazon ranking to go through the roof!